Oral Medicine is the discipline of dentistry concerned with the oral health care of medically complex patients – including the diagnosis and management of medical conditions that affect the oral and maxillofacial region.
Oral medicine is primarily a non-surgical specialty with procedures limited to diagnostic biopsies, small excisions, therapeutic injections, and other minor surgical interventions. In many cases, conditions are managed medically with the use of topical and systemic medications.
Dr. Aronowitz is an expert in the diagnosis and management of patients with:
- Oral mucosal and salivary gland diseases
- Oral complications resulting from systemic disease
- Oral complications from cancer treatment
- Chemosensory and neurologic impairment of the oral and maxillofacial complex
- Orofacial pain including temporomandibular disorders
In the last 15 years we have helped patients with:
- Dry mouth
- Burning mouth and tongue
- Lichen planus
- Sjogren's syndrome
- Cicatricial pemphigoid
- Altered taste
- Recurrent aphthous ulcers
- Psoriasiform mucositis
- Sodium lauryl sulfate issues
- Geographic tongue
- And many other oral pathology and oral medicine conditions.